• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshorer offshores

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshorer offshores

Got an email from the subcontinent yesterday. Chap sent me a spec, and asked me how much I'd charge to do the needful. I looked at the properties of the spec (it was in MS Word), and found the name of the Canadian company for whom this chap is doing the work. And the team lead who wrote the spec.

What to do, what to do?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Demand sh1t load of money.....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Got an email from the subcontinent yesterday. Chap sent me a spec, and asked me how much I'd charge to do the needful. I looked at the properties of the spec (it was in MS Word), and found the name of the Canadian company for whom this chap is doing the work. And the team lead who wrote the spec.

What to do, what to do?
      Interesting. Why did he send it to you?

This is too good an opportunity to pass up whithout some form of mischief.
      I would give him a quote then contact the canadian company and offer to it for less.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Interesting. Why did he send it to you?...
        Because I'm a regular on the .net developer network forums. And he hasn't the time nor the ability to do it. I wonder if his CV was faked?

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
          Demand tulip load of money.....
          A few thousand $US a day seemed fair. Paid upfront of course. ( If he was Nigerian, obviously, I'd send the approval fee he'd need in order to release the funds once I'd written the app ).

Comment

NAT,

coooool

just shows the success of the .Net forums eh

go for it, 3 wise monkeys, make him an offer

Milan.

Comment

What to do, what to do?
              Does he want you to do it, or does he just want you to estimate the price for his bid?

Comment

He seems quite desperate. I can do what he wants in a couple of hours. But I think he was expecting me to say maybe $100. If he does bite, then I'll probably pass the work to a Hungarian friend, and pay him $500.

Do you think the .net forums have improved recently? The moderators are working hard to keep them tidy.

Comment

do the needful
                  you've learnt the lingo then ..

Comment

NAT,

to be honest, I do not contribute to the .net forums, I only put questions there, it's about sharing the knowledge :-)

But overall it is a fantastic site, and the search in the library is excellent and the doco they stick in the library especially rig stuff is excellent

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X