• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester United debt hits £716m

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester United debt hits £716m

Are the Red Devils going to go bankrupt?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8470595.stm

More than £68m was paid in interest alone
    Cats are evil.

Originally posted by swamp View Post

I don't know but apparently the Glazer family is intending to take hundreds of millions out of the club in the next few years.....
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      I don't know but apparently the Glazer family is intending to take hundreds of millions out of the club in the next few years.....
      Just like the players then!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
        Glazer is going to struggle to keep Man U afloat, let alone take millions out.

He can always sell some players to Manchester City.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Glazer is going to struggle to keep Man U afloat, let alone take millions out.

He can always sell some players to Manchester City.
          Or let their contract expire then let them go for free and allow Man City to pay the agents instead.

I hope this isn't the end of the empire for United...

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

High time to hire a certain North Londoner French man...who teaches kids to play beauty footie...!!

Comment

They have begun the slippery slope that was Leeds Utd a few years ago, Carrington is up for sale to ease some of the debt but as mentioned ealier the Gaziers are paying themselves huge consultancy fees, further increasing the debt the club has financed. As much as i disliked Leeds i wouldn't wish it upon another club

except maybe Chelski, Liverpool, and Man Citeh
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

This is plain stupid and very modern times. Debt leverage monkey business.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  This is plain stupid and very modern times. Debt leverage monkey business.
                  It is not stupid if you are the purchaser who is using the money leveraged from the business you are going to buy to buy the business.

Essentially money for nothing.

Working for Kraft
                  Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ght=death+pool

You'd win if you put them in the pot...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X