• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's started

As you read this Mrs Gibbon will be sacking a public sector worker who has been skiving on the sick for the last 2 years.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    As you read this Mrs Gibbon will be sacking a public sector worker who has been skiving on the sick for the last 2 years.
    And so it begins................

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Prepare for lots of stress. Mrs SG had to do that last year (and this is in an IB). It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.
        Yeah, if only they had agreed to your "Gardening Leave" scenario eh?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Prepare for lots of stress. Mrs SG had to do that last year (and this is in an IB). It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.
          Yeah I know, but today is the end of the line as 3 different Occ Hlth have said she can return to work. She's trying to get earlt retd on ill-health. But Mrs Gibbon is a stickler for dotting i's, crossing t's and following the correct procedures. Today is thankfully a formality.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Yeah, if only they had agreed to your "Gardening Leave" scenario eh?

Tell you what - some days I'm sorely tempted to take that option.
            Employment law is so biased towards the feckless and lazy that if one was so inclined and had the brass balls to brazen it out, one could easily manufacture a grievance and walk away with thousands of pounds.
            I don't have it in me though - my rather upright parents brought me up with a sense of right and wrong that is totally unsuited to the modern world.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

my rather upright parents brought me up with a sense of right and wrong that is totally unsuited to the modern world.
              They were real sticklers for detail. They even threw in a matching intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                And so it begins................

It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind ... the year the Great War came upon us all
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind ... the year the Great War came upon us all
                  I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?
                    If yer name's not on the list you ain't docking. Oh - and no trainers.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X