• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Change Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Change Poll

Let's settle this once and for all with a CUK consensus.
    Believe it brother, AGW is real
    30.77%
    AGW is bollox
    69.23%
    I'm alright Jack

No Andyw option, no vote.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I voted the nearest option to "I'm not convinced that the evidence and science is comprehensive".

I don't deny that CO2 emitted by human civilisation might be having an effect on the global climate, but I've yet to see evidence that it probably is let alone that it certainly is responsible. Climate changes are a normal part of how the planet functions, you only have to take a look at the fossil records to see that.

Comment

I'd have preferred a multiple choice poll.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Let's settle this once and for all with a CUK consensus.
          I know it wouldn't be applicable to most here who like to argue about AGW, but where's the "I'm intelligent enough to realise I don't know enough to know for sure" option?

Although I'll vote whichever way you want if it'll shut you up.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Even I'm bored with it now!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              "I'm intelligent enough to realise I don't know enough to know for sure"

[SIZE="1"]
              whs
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What options need to be added to get YOU to shut up?

You are always piling into threads that you claim don't interest you and chiming in with irrelevant soundbites.

Honestly................isn't there a God-Bothering Forum you'd feel more at home in?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I know it wouldn't be applicable to most here who like to argue about AGW, but where's the "I'm intelligent enough to realise I don't know enough to know for sure" option?

Do you have a mainframe access that forces you read everything to get to the threads you want to read?

I find it quite fascinating you keep reading and posting in boring threads.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 March 2011, 18:19.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Stands to reason. As you move from 'General Public' to 'Active Climate Researcher' the proportion who answer yes to the question Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures? increases, ending up at 97%.

Source Given the degree of informedness round here I am mildly surprised the correct answer got as many votes as it did ... ;-)
                    Last edited by pjclarke; 3 March 2011, 22:50.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X