• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carlsberg don't do umbrella companies but if they did................................

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlsberg don't do umbrella companies but if they did................................

Here goes, what would make an umbrella company the best ever umbrella company, what would it do and how would it do it ?

It would go ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      It would go ltd
      And stay in the UK for the purposes of tax.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

<snork>
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well I don't know about the best umbrella company in the world but I have just started contracting, looking at my options and a colleague has recommended umbrella companies due to the ease in getting started and lack of admin involved. I was initially thinking Ltd Company but to be honest this intimidates me a little at the moment. I have looked into a few umbrella companies and I have to say that I wasn't impressed with the level of customer service. Some of the staff were not very helpful at all. Just wanted to sign me up but not willing to offer any advice. I'm pretty new to everthing at the moment but having read some of the forum posts I think this site could be very helpful - if you have any advice for a first timer using an umbrella company I would welcome it!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmie Noughton View Post
            Well I don't know about the best umbrella company in the world but I have just started contracting, looking at my options and a colleague has recommended umbrella companies due to the ease in getting started and lack of admin involved. I was initially thinking Ltd Company but to be honest this intimidates me a little at the moment. I have looked into a few umbrella companies and I have to say that I wasn't impressed with the level of customer service. Some of the staff were not very helpful at all. Just wanted to sign me up but not willing to offer any advice. I'm pretty new to everthing at the moment but having read some of the forum posts I think this site could be very helpful - if you have any advice for a first timer using an umbrella company I would welcome it!
            I am biast as I work for an umbrella but I would be extremely wary of an umbrella company that claims its overarching contract of employment is 'HMRC approved.' HMRC does not work in this way so it sets alarm bells going straight away.

Comment

I would think a service that provided a director or part time employee who ran your limited company and took care of all the accounts and paperwork for you for a nominal fee would be best.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I used several Umbrellas before going limited and the only one that did not say it was HMRC authorised and did not tell me to claim a load of expenses i was never going to spend was ContractorUmbrella

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I would think a service that provided a director or part time employee who ran your limited company and took care of all the accounts and paperwork for you for a nominal fee would be best.
                  Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Emmie Noughton View Post
                    I used an umbrella for the first three months of my contract. Parasol - and I was very happy with their service for whatever it's worth. That gave me time to get into contracting and research the responsibilities involved in being a company director. Now running my LtdCo and very happy with the decision I took to start with an umbrella and then go Ltd.

Comment

Working...
                    X