• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last nights amazing gig!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last nights amazing gig!

Bit of a blast from the past, but saw Pearl Jam in Manchester last night.

They rocked, Amazing gig!

Anyone a fan of PJ?

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

Anyone a fan of PJ?
    Sorry, but they have to be the most depressing and booring band I've ever had the misfortune to listen to.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Did they do Winona's Big Brown Beaver?

Edit: That was Primus.
      Last edited by pacharan; 21 June 2012, 09:21.

Comment

Anyone a fan of PJ?
        saw them couple of years ago in Hyde Park and they were great!

Comment

Anyone a fan of PJ?
          Was Duncan not there?? Where they ready to rumble?
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Anyone a fan of PJ?
            I am not proud of this but my first reaction when I heard that nine people died while PJ were playing at Roskilde years ago was to think that they probably of boredom.

A mate of mine persuaded me that we had to get tickets to their first UK show at the University of London student union, that must have been in 1992 I think.

Between the time that I bought the tickets - numbers 41 and 42 or something low like that, the single Alive was released and was a big hit and by the day of the show I could have named my price for selling my ticket to a tout.

I wished that I had, their show bored me to tears.

Comment

I saw them at Slane in '93 and it was a really good gig. Neil Young was headlining and they performed "rocking in the free world" with him.

god I feel old
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I went to the 93 Neil Young tour @ Finsbury Park, PJ, James (suprising good acoustic set) and 4 non blonds (mmm remember them) were also suporting. Excellent gig and they did rocking in the free world. 8/10

I went to Wembley Arena in 00 to see them, the gig captured on the live CDs you could buy (of every date on the tour!). This was the best I have ever seen them. Highlights being Edie crowd surfing, doing some solo 'Grunge ukulele' what seemed like the whole audience singing along to Black, an encore of several songs (would constitute half a set for some bands) including Yellow Ledbetter. 10/10

I saw them last time they played Manchester in 2009, While good, they were more going through the motions, Edie was bad tempered with the roadie, there was less involvement with the crowd (no surfing!) and Mike McCready while excellent (Playing the solos behind his back at some points) looked at times a bit disinterested. 6/10
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 June 2012, 21:39.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

They're supposed to be headlining IoW fest on Saturday, am I wrong to be glad the weather is tulip when I'm not going?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    I saw them last time they played Manchester in 2009, While good, they were more going through the motions, Edie was bad tempered with the roadie, there was less involvement with the crowd (no surfing!) and Mike McCready while excellent (Playing the solos behind his back at some points) looked at times a bit disinterested. 6/10
                    I've never seen them live before and was hopefull of Edie doing his climbing tricks that he was famous for, but the bit you've got to remember is I bet most of the original band must be 45 - 50 now. Yeah, everyone was singing along to Black, Nothing Man etc but everyone went mad when the likes of BetterMan, Even Flow and the biggies came on at the encore.

Great gig.

Comment

Working...
                    X