• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There is hope for Microsoft!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is hope for Microsoft!

The horrible man who pushed Ribbon tulip, Metro tulip has been given kick up his fat arse -

Microsoft’s Windows President, Steven Sinofsky, Leaves Company Following Launch Of Windows 8 | TechCrunch

Funny, I see it as the polar opposite.

Also, you might be interested to know that ribbon was led by Julie Larson-Green , Sinofsky's understudy.

She didn't even have much to do with it, even though she was leading it either, other than playing the game in a big corporate environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdlPKmAJGRs

I know who I'd rather run the show with Windows development.
    Last edited by Scoobos; 13 November 2012, 09:02.

Comment

Microsoft is a big monster. They really need to cut the workforce and make it lean and come out with innovative products. I have heard of guys writing about a thousand line of code for some feature for the Windows OS and it took a year to approve the code.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I have sort of learned to love the Ribbon, once you have loaded "search commands" from microsoft research and got your head round the idea its pretty good.

Windows 7 is the most stable and instantly usable operating system I have ever seen in the user space. (Linux may have the edge on timex style reliability but 7 is pretty close).

it can even be run secureish.

not sure about metro yet.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

AtW is just still cross he STILL can't understand ribbon. No wonder M12 still can't search for toffee.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            AtW is just still cross he STILL can't understand ribbon. No wonder M12 still can't search for toffee.
            It is impossible to make a search engine. Only Google can do this. Atw told me this.

toffee at DuckDuckGo
            Toffee - Factbites
            Web Search - "toffee" - Exalead

etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              Also, you might be interested to know that ribbon was led by Julie Larson-Green , Sinofsky's understudy.
              Everybody under Sinofsky would have had to love and do ribbon as otherwise he'd fire them.

Sinofsky made a lot of big design decisions such as Metro tulip - fecking over good release of Windows with bad, perhaps he demanded Ballmer upgrades his office PC from Windows 7?

Comment

She didn't even have much to do with it, even though she was leading it either, other than playing the game in a big corporate environment.

Interview with Julie Larson-Green about Office 2007 and Windows 7 - YouTube
                Julie on the Touch screen stuff
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Funny, I see it as the polar opposite.

Interview with Julie Larson-Green about Office 2007 and Windows 7 - YouTube

I know who I'd rather run the show with Windows development.
                  Gordon Letwin

Comment

Working...
                  X