• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new combi boiler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new combi boiler

how much for a new combi boiler ,fitted and plumbed in

old boiler and immersion taken away ?

anyone had any recent experience ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

How long is a piece of string? Depends on the boiler. I'm of the old school in that I think a boiler, like shoes, furniture and your house's other fixtures and fittings must be the best of the best.
    False economy to buy cheap stuff in those instances.
    A Vaillant boiler installed is about £4K down south, prob cheaper North.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

old boiler out pipes run to Baxi Platinum combi fitted 30 feet away in the Garage, new controller , rad thermostats = £3.5K

2 years ago.

basically get British gas round to quote then pay 1/2 - 2/3rds.

but can vary a lot according to Combi chosen.

when ours was done the boiler & tank were taken for scrap no charge strangely enough.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Combi-boilers, is that what the working and lower middle classes use in their awful new builds?

SasGuru
        Last edited by proggy; 19 April 2013, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          Combi-boilers, is that what the working and lower middle classes use in their awful new builds?

SasGuru
          agree with the new-build stuff being crap, but nothing wrong with combi.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            agree with the new-build stuff being crap, but nothing wrong with combi.
            Just kidding, I have a Worcester one.

Comment

Viessmann Vitodens £2k supplied and fitted - but it is a system boiler rather than a combi because I live in a considerably larger house than yow
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

You need to do your sums carefully.

If you over spec the boiler it won't run as efficiently
                If you turnit up too high it will not recapture the heat and condense as efficiently.

Most companies talk of break even points in terms of 45% savings per year but that won't happen if you fall foul of the above points.

Also it's worth noting the average life of a new boiler will not be anywhere as long as the old growler in your airing cupboard

Spent Easter Sunday ripping my fathers inlaws thirty year old potterton boiler to bits. We fixed it for £65

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  WVS.

About £3.3k 3 years ago.

Had the lead pipes taken out at the same time.

Of which there were many.

Sadly, the lead waterservice is still in place.

Can't you get a grant / water company to get that replaced?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    How long is a piece of string? Depends on the boiler. I'm of the old school in that I think a boiler, like shoes, furniture and your house's other fixtures and fittings must be the best of the best.
                    False economy to buy cheap stuff in those instances.
                    A Vaillant boiler installed is about £4K down south, prob cheaper North.
                    WHS (for once)

My top-of-the-range Vaillant Ecotek cost £5K to purchase brand new and install

But it's worth every penny - Doesn't break a sweat when I'm running a piping hot bath, and has just had a two-year service (cost £55) after which the gas guy said it was still in pristine nick.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X