• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Of all the stupid things...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of all the stupid things...

Yesterday Family QH enjoyed a rather nice afternoon in the park, a wee picnic, ice cream, ride on the Carousel with the wee lad. Good family times.

Then on our arrival home, the wife spots the front door wide open. I rush in contemplating the worse but bizarrly there is nothing stolen, just the dog looking a bit worried in his crate.

We'd been gone over an hour. Due to our parent spongy brains MrsQH nor I could remember who was last out and who forgot to shut/lock the door. Don't really care if I don't win the lottery now, as I have won my own.

This goes down with jumping into the Thames drunk, in April, naked many moons ago: total stupidity but freakish luck that nothing bad came of it. Anyone care to top those?

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Yesterday Family QH enjoyed a rather nice afternoon in the park, a wee picnic, ice cream, ride on the Carousel with the wee lad. Good family times.

Then on our arrival home, the wife spots the front door wide open. I rush in contemplating the worse but bizarrly there is nothing stolen, just the dog looking a bit worried in his crate.

We'd been gone over an hour. Due to our parent spongy brains MrsQH nor I could remember who was last out and who forgot to shut/lock the door. Don't really care if I don't win the lottery now, as I have won my own.

This goes down with jumping into the Thames drunk, in April, naked many moons ago: total stupidity but freakish luck that nothing bad came of it. Anyone care to top those?

qh
    I do that at least a couple of times a year. I've also left the gas on three times this year after cooking (although not gone out with it on). Amateur.

Comment

Not just you. Yesterday I couldn't find my front door key anywhere and couldn't be sure I hadn't left it in the lock and somebody hadn't nicked it. So this morning I had to rush into town to get a new lock, nearly £80. A short while ago I went to get my reading glasses out of the decorative brass pot on the window shelf and there it was. How it got in there I have no f* idea.

Oh well at least I now have a spare lock handy. Assuming I don't lose it!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yep done the wide open door thing but that tends to be the kids more often than not. The one I hate is leaving the damn iron on all day after a rush job in the morning. Once left it on two days because it was in the spare room. Doh!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I went on holiday for a week and left the front door open, the idiot postie had just chucked 1 weeks worth of mail onto the hall floor as well, why he didn't think to just pull the door shut I don't know.

Anyway, nothing untoward had occurred, and this was in Bradford.

Perhaps "they" had been in and decided all my stuff was tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
            I went on holiday for a week and left the front door open, the idiot postie had just chucked 1 weeks worth of mail onto the hall floor as well, why he didn't think to just pull the door shut I don't know.

Anyway, nothing untoward had occurred, and this was in Bradford.

Perhaps "they" had been in and decided all my stuff was tulip.
            Jesus, a week!

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

In the olden times we could all leave our doors unlocked, and not have to worry.

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I once drove my wife to the train station, and on dropping her off, I went to buy a paper, and walked home, leaving the car unlocked with the keys in.

I had a great day. Took the paper down to the river and read it, then popped out, had a pint and pub lunch. Went home for a snooze. Phone went about 4pm, and the wife asked me where I went after I dropped her off, i said 'I went for a walk...', she then asked me what about the car....

Luckily the clampers got to the car before the thieves...

Comment

I once slept with some random girl I met off the interweb.

Now I have 2 kids and a house.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X