• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Limited Companies - accountants, etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Limited Companies - accountants, etc

Hi everyone.

This is my first time posting at the site, but I've already found it to be very informative, just reading it over the past few days.

I've just got a new job here in the UK (Australian who recently arrived in London). Because of my Visa, the employer wants me to become a contractor.

I have been told that the most cost effective way for me to do this is through a Limited Company.

When I arrived, I signed up with 1st Contact for a Limited Company. However, they will charge me 5% from my pay each week to manage it. It seems like far too much money to me, and I've decided not to go through them. (The company is lying dormant with them - not sure if that will have an impact on things).

I've been trying to find an accountant/company that offers a fixed price management fee and that is reputable. It's hard not knowing the financial system and I don't really know where to seek advice.

So that's why I'm posting here! Would love help from anyone who could recommend someone who is competitively priced and reputable to deal with.

I don't want to pay a percentage-based fee so am only interested in looking at fixed fees.

I saw something about K&B Accountants, but have also read some unflattering posts about them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am starting my new work next week, so want to try and get the ball rolling ASAP.

Cheers.

You have come to the right place mate
    People are really helpful here especially the monkeys

Comment

The usual recommendations of this board, which you will have seen if you have perused it, are: SJD, 1st Accountancy, and Nixon Williams.

Any of those will sort you out. The first two regularly post here and will, I'm sure, make their presence known in this thread shortly.

Comment

Great! Well that's a good start. Thanks guys!

Any idea what I should be looking to pay for a monthly managed limited company? I was thinking nothing over £70...

Also, does anyone know if I will have problems because I've opened a Limited Co with 1st Contact, but don't want to go through them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          The usual recommendations of this board, which you will have seen if you have perused it, are: SJD, 1st Accountancy, and Nixon Williams.

Any of those will sort you out. The first two regularly post here and will, I'm sure, make their presence known in this thread shortly.
          et voila

Happy to help - you can mail me at simonatsjdaccountancy.com
          P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

5%

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Exactly my reaction!! Sad thing is, an awful lot of Australians in my situation would probably get stuck with that deal. That company must make a fortune off unsuspecting foreigners!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                1st Accountancy
                Certainly recommended, see their site: http://www.1staccountancy.biz/

Comment

Working...
                X