• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gadget of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gadget of the day

I just got one of these.

IronKey? D80 | Cost-Effective Encrypted Flash Drive | IronKey

I am going to start using it instead of google docs.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I just got one of these.

IronKey? D80 | Cost-Effective Encrypted Flash Drive | IronKey

I am going to start using it instead of google docs.
    US only I believe, I am looking for a good USB drive with hardware encryption, its a bugger to find one that I can buy over here
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Have you started a relationship with a Guardian reporter?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        US only I believe, I am looking for a good USB drive with hardware encryption, its a bugger to find one that I can buy over here
        You can get them over here.

The UK's Authorised Reseller for IRONKEY Secure USB Flash Drive - Lowest UK prices guaranteed

Comment

Don't put anything on there that you don't have a backup of somewhere else.

They have a habit of losing or corrupting files. Probably due to cheap Chinese electronics + cheap Chinese programmers doing the encryption code.

Comment

I use an external USB 3 based Buffalo 2 1/2 shock proof hard disc, it's got hardware encryption so windows won't see it until you enter your password. It's big enough to store plenty of VHD images for virtualisation

Does it have to be a pen drive ?
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

?

You get them on amazon. Mine just arrived.

They do others with tamper proof metal cases & on-board password manager and secure browser, but I figured I could sort that out myself. There are other brands as well, not all of them offer quite the same level of physical security, some use software based encryption and so on, although some do. You can get HDD with the same features if you need more capacity.
              Last edited by doodab; 20 August 2013, 09:21.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
              X