• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So the question is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the question is...

What are they trying to hide?

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I think you need to elaborate! Or is this a reference to the terrorist plot being announced on the same day as...... <enter your own particular pet hate here>
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Keep your eyes peeled for the bit of bad news buried somewhere.

OTOH. All these pronouncements by John Reid over the last few days have made me wonder if he's going to challenge Brown for the PM's job...

Or maybe a case of "When the cat's away, the mice do play."?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

There's no doubt that Reid will take advantage of this situation demanding more money for his Home Office in the name of security and immigration and cajoling the electorate nicely about how important it is to be able to identify everyone. He may even ride the immigration wave and suggest this is a good time to reconsider immigration limits, although how he seperates this from the homegrown terrorist argument, I don't know.

Expect to see A. Campbell in overdrive ditching poor PFI reports, NHS debts etc into the small, dark corners of the media.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
          Expect to see A. Campbell in overdrive ditching poor PFI reports, NHS debts etc into the small, dark corners of the media.
          You've got these guys sussed, HD.
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Bien sûr!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
              OTOH. All these pronouncements by John Reid over the last few days have made me wonder if he's going to challenge Brown for the PM's job...
              I thought exactly the same this morning. He seems to be in the news 24/7 at the mo. He also seems to be pushing the right buttons with Joe Stupid so may well be a contender.

I notice that Prescott is particularly quiet in our hour of need.

Comment

They have two for one offers on pies at Tescos today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                  I notice that Prescott is particularly quiet in our hour of need.
                  He's still asleep. Don't worry, when it cools down in a day or so he'll do a pointless walkabout at Terminal 4.

Comment

Working...
                  X