• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Layer Cake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layer Cake

Best UK movie for a while.

What do you all think?

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post

What do you all think?

Never seen it myself.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

What's with this thread necromancy today?

A mate of mine invested some money in that film. I don't recall whether he got his money back or not, he wasn't expecting to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        What's with this thread necromancy today?

A mate of mine invested some money in that film. I don't recall whether he got his money back or not, he wasn't expecting to.
        Crikey I just realised !

I'm sure sunnysan only asked that yesterday and I was thinking about it today, and realised that I was going to to reply yesterday but didn't get the chance, so I replied to it today.

Sorry about your friend who was going to invest in the film. Did he go ahead in the end ?
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          Sorry about your friend who was going to invest in the film. Did he go ahead in the end ?
          He did invest, I just don't know whether he saw any return. I don't get to see him much these days.

He was flush with cash for a while because he sold his large house in a pretty village that didn't have a pub in it and moved to a smaller cottage near the pub.

He had been caught drink-driving enough times that if he was caught again it would have meant jail time. We also knew that his details were on a list of people that the police kept an eye out to stop so he couldn't take the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            I'm sure sunnysan only asked that yesterday and I was thinking about it today, and realised that I was going to to reply yesterday but didn't get the chance, so I replied to it today.
            So since 24th May 2005 at 15:57, you've been thinking about saying you hadn't seen the film, but thought it all happened since yesterday?

There's probably a film in that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              So since 24th May 2005 at 15:57, you've been thinking about saying you hadn't seen the film, but thought it all happened since yesterday?

There's probably a film in that
              I wish I had no memory of the last 4 1/2 years too.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Layer cake was ok, but Spartacus was better. All those burning things rolling down the hill. Ace
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  And gladiators.

Oooops.

Did I say that aloud?
                  What about Pirates of Blood River ?

wow. they dont make em like that any more. Oh to be eight again
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post

What do you all think?
                    The makers of layer cake were going to make a film about the founder of f4j. But the project still seems to be on hold.

Comment

Working...
                    X