• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester Drinks - 15th June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    it will depend on how many people actually come as some of the NQ pubs can be quite pokey.

This Place is okay - has some big tables and can sit outside if weather is good - also does 'decent' food and real ale.

so yeah probably need to get some confirmed numbers
    Bit out of the way, no? Knott bar is a better location for people who simply want to pop in for a swift one, realise who they're sat with, sup up and F.O.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Bit out of the way, no? Knott bar is a better location for people who simply want to pop in for a swift one, realise who they're sat with, sup up and F.O.
      Yup indeed or cask just near the mosi.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Yup indeed or cask just near the mosi.
        I'm leaving it in the hands of others to pick the venue. Day looks good though.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Surely as contractors we are fully paid up members of Club Brass or The St James Club private members clubs so could meet there?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Surely as contractors we are fully paid up members of Club Brass or The St James Club private members clubs so could meet there?
            As I don't live in Manchester membership seemed pointless. It's why I'm no longer a founder member of soho

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              As I don't live in Manchester membership seemed pointless. It's why I'm no longer a founder member of soho
              You haven't handed your Spearmint Rhino pass as well have you?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You haven't handed your Spearmint Rhino pass as well have you?
                Have you been following my comments in TPD regarding one of the project managers at clientco. I currently have no need :

Comment

I did a short gig just off Canal street, there's loads of bars you can sit outside there if the weather is nice. Everyone was really friendly too. Not a lot of women there though, there was one who had a very large adam's apple though.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    I did a short gig just off Canal street, there's loads of bars you can sit outside there if the weather is nice. Everyone was really friendly too. Not a lot of women there though, there was one who had a very large adam's apple though.
                    That'll be Victoria; usually in the bar at Via in the evening.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                      I did a short gig just off Canal street
                      Was NLyUK the agent?

As I'm benched I will come along, assuming a subsequent engagement doesn't appear :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X