• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas party 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counting House requires min spend of £1K for the dining room this year (it was £300 last year IIRC).

Or we can go for the club room for min spend £250 - but it's likely to be squished...

Anyone know what the bill actually came to last year?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Counting House requires min spend of £1K for the dining room this year (it was £300 last year IIRC).

Or we can go for the club room for min spend £250 - but it's likely to be squished...

Sounds like they'd rather not have us there. We clearly dont spend as much as the banking mob blowing their Xmas bonuses.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

How many attended last year? You probably need a guaranteed 30-40 people to spend that sort of money...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I know what mine came to but that's not going to be any help
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            How many attended last year? You probably need a guaranteed 30-40 people to spend that sort of money...
            Dining room only takes 'up to 30'. Even with 20 people, that's £50 a head - which is a lot of pie and booze.

I really have no idea what we spent last year. I think we'll have to pass, or go for the club room and overflow.

Unless anyone can recommend another venue for 15-20 of us?

Comment

Dining room only takes 'up to 30'. Even with 20 people, that's £50 a head - which is a lot of pie and booze.

I really have no idea what we spent last year. I think we'll have to pass, or go for the club room and overflow.

Unless anyone can recommend another venue for 15-20 of us?
              I'll ask MrsB to inquire with some of her CAMRA cronies and see if anyone can help.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                I'll ask MrsB to inquire with some of her CAMRA cronies and see if anyone can help.
                Private Dining although 20 may be a bit tight from memory... - used to work above there going back 20 years ()
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Private Dining although 20 may be a bit tight from memory... - used to work above there going back 20 years ()
                  20 probably OK - there were 18 of us last year. I think 30 would be a hell of a squish in that dining room - it was about right last year. So 1K spend (excluding mandatory 12.5% gratuity!) is a push for all but the most seasoned drinkers.

But we need somewhere that's happy for us to rock up and order from the menu on the night, with not everyone necessarily eating. I think a sit down meal isn't going to work.

Comment

Couple of recommendations via MrsB

https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/res...ntgardenlondon

Covent Garden

Ye Old Watling

Between bank and St. Paul's. Both good beer and food.

Comment

Why don't we go here.
                      http://www.oxotower.co.uk/who/oxo-to...bar-brasserie/

If admin pays we will all wear a T-shirt saying 'Admin took me up the Oxo Tower and I loved it'
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X