• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next London Social

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    WSMS +1

To put it bluntly none of the racist arse holes who spout off on here have ever actually turned up in real life. You'd be more than welcome to come along.
    WDBS

I was pretty nervous about going to my first one as I have a pretty poor rep on here but everyone was great, even Cojak who was happy to tell me she'd ban me for life if it was up to her. She's a great laugh though.

I look forward to the meets now. There is a core bunch that go to them and they are a solid bunch. Great to see the old new face as well.

We did actually have a guy come to the last Manchester one. He's just a lurker but a very good one, he knew everything about all of us. He said he was nervous about coming because, and in his words, he was a 'bob'. Told him to drop that, he's a contractor like the rest of us. He had a really good night. Not so sure about him saying he was really surprised we were a good bunch at the end of the night though .. Grrrrrr
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      WDBS

I was pretty nervous about going to my first one as I have a pretty poor rep on here but everyone was great, even Cojak who was happy to tell me she'd ban me for life if it was up to her.

She's a great laugh though.

I look forward to the meets now. There is a core bunch that go to them and they are a solid bunch. Great to see the old new face as well.

We did actually have a guy come to the last Manchester one. He's just a lurker but a very good one, he knew everything about all of us. He said he was nervous about coming because, and in his words, he was a 'bob'. Told him to drop that, he's a contractor like the rest of us. He had a really good night. Not so sure about him saying he was really surprised we were a good bunch at the end of the night though .. Grrrrrr
      We live in hope.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        We live in hope.
        I take it all back. They are a bunch of cockwombles.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hmrsleaze View Post
          To be brutally honest, with the amount of immature childish racism I see in these forums, I would not be comfortable attending being non-white.
          Once you've got your bedsheets on, nobody will be able to tell anyway.

I'd second NLUK's 'bob' story. I was there and the bloke was sound. Get yourself along and put some faces and names to avatars and usernames.

Comment

The unofficial IPSE drinks on Thursday were good fun. Many gins were drunk. If there's interest, I see no issue with cross posting the RLM's from there into here as and when they pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              WDBS

I was pretty nervous about going to my first one as I have a pretty poor rep on here but everyone was great, even Cojak who was happy to tell me she'd ban me for life if it was up to her. She's a great laugh though.

Good story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Many gins were drunk.
                As were the attendees

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I'd second NLUK's 'bob' story. I was there and the bloke was sound. Get yourself along and put some faces and names to avatars and usernames.
                  +1
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

when is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Victor1456 View Post
                      when is it?
                      None planned AFAIK

Feel free to organise one though.

Or, just join us in Leeds on 8 December