• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK London Christmas Party - 14 December

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 December ? That's my birthday!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Premier Inn Hub at Westminster - £109 flex (cancel on the day). Less than a mile's stagger from venue.
      Which one? There's a Hub called Westminster Abbey and another called Westminster St. James Park… both the same price at the moment, both about the same distance

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Which one? There's a Hub called Westminster Abbey and another called Westminster St. James Park… both the same price at the moment, both about the same distance
        Ah, wait - the St. James one is more expensive, they just show the lower price on the map… I've taken a punt on the Abbey

Comment

Ah, wait - the St. James one is more expensive, they just show the lower price on the map… I've taken a punt on the Abbey
          Yep - I've booked the wrong one before. St James does proper breakfast, but you can walk round the corner I've booked Westminster Abbey.

Comment

Yep - I've booked the wrong one before. St James does proper breakfast, but you can walk round the corner I've booked Westminster Abbey.
            What's wrong with the breakfast at the Abbey one?

EDIT: ah, looks like those Hub places only do the Continental breakfast, or "no breakfast at all" as it's more correctly known. Booking amended
            Last edited by NickFitz; 25 October 2018, 00:07.

Comment

What's wrong with the breakfast at the Abbey one?

EDIT: ah, looks like those Hub places only do the Continental breakfast, or "no breakfast at all" as it's more correctly known. Booking amended
              St James does a reasonable breakfast. It's help yourself, but includes bacon, sausage, egg, beans

Comment

What are these things really like, meeting people you've never met in real life? Is there an easy escape root if Assguru or Dumstick turn up?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  What are these things really like, meeting people you've never met in real life? Is there an easy escape root if Assguru or Dumstick turn up?
                  Come along and find out We'll bring a birthday cake.

They can't be that bad - people keep coming back!

Comment

Premier Inn Hub at Westminster - £109 flex (cancel on the day). Less than a mile's stagger from venue.
                    So is the Savoy!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

St James does a reasonable breakfast. It's help yourself, but includes bacon, sausage, egg, beans
                      That's more like it, but as the in-crowd is going to be at the Abbey, I've booked there

I can always wander over to the Regency Café if needs be

Comment

Working...
                      X