• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK London Christmas Party - 14 December

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That's more like it, but as the in-crowd is going to be at the Abbey, I've booked there

I can always wander over to the Regency Café if needs be
    Good shout! (no pun intended!)

Comment

#metoo!

Thanks for organising! Can't see the poll on the phone app so will pick an option when I'm on a PC

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Yep - I've booked the wrong one before. St James does proper breakfast, but you can walk round the corner I've booked Westminster Abbey.
        What's wrong with the breakfast at the Abbey one?

EDIT: ah, looks like those Hub places only do the Continental breakfast, or "no breakfast at all" as it's more correctly known. Booking amended
        St James does a reasonable breakfast. It's help yourself, but includes bacon, sausage, egg, beans
        For St James, read Westminster Abbey, and vice versa. It's WA that does the better breakfast, which means once again I've booked a different hotel to the one I thought I'd booked!

Comment

For St James, read Westminster Abbey, and vice versa. It's WA that does the better breakfast, which means once again I've booked a different hotel to the one I thought I'd booked!
          Even though it's only half an hour away from home, I may book digs too. But surely we have to go to Regency Cafe for brekkie?

So - this is the address of the "correct" one to book?
          21 Tothill St, Westminster, London SW1H 9LL
          Last edited by ladymuck; 25 October 2018, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Even though it's only half an hour away from home, I may book digs too. But surely we have to go to Regency Cafe for brekkie?

So - this is the address of the "correct" one to book?
            21 Tothill St, Westminster, London SW1H 9LL
            That's the one I've booked. It's the cheaper of the two. (Not recommended for romance if you're bringing Mr LM)

Will confirm pub tomorrow.

Paaarteee!

Comment

That's the one I've booked. It's the cheaper of the two. (Not recommended for romance if you're bringing Mr LM)

Paaarteee!
              Given the usual state of attendees at closing time I don't think that's likely to be an issue, one way or the other.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hoping to be there - need to do some juggling first.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Hoping to be there - need to do some juggling first.
                  Bring your balls, you can do juggling in the pub too! We need some entertainment until the booze kicks in

Comment

Paaarteee!
                    That's the Westminster Abbey one, but they only offer the continental breakfast in their booking process

Comment

That's the Westminster Abbey one, but they only offer the continental breakfast in their booking process
                      It's a continental + bacon/sausage/egg (might be just scrambled?), but it's not a proper English breakfast.

Regency cafe is definitely a better bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X