• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK London Christmas Party - 14 December

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Deposit has been paid. Buffet needs to be pre-ordered, so need to

a) get some people to come
    b) work out roughly how many

If you're thinking about it but you're shy and nervous, then come along! Everyone has a first time, and it's normally more fun than you think it's going to be
    After my failure to arrive last year for cardiac reasons, I'm just hoping to manage 1

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If you're thinking about it but you're shy and nervous, then come along! Everyone has a first time, and it's normally more fun than you think it's going to be
      I'd echo this. I was pretty nervous about going for years but finally took the plunge and had a great time. I look forward to this every year now.

If you are umm'ing and ahhh'ing I say come along. As good a bunch of cockwombles as you could ever hope to meet.
      FWIW, my first CUK meetup was in December 2007, and I still keep coming back for more

Comment

Just spotted that 14 December is Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day. Perhaps we can up our game this year?!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Just spotted that 14 December is Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day. Perhaps we can up our game this year?!
          A special prize for the winner (GhostOfTarbera is going shopping!)

Comment

Just looking at photos from the Regency Café on Google Maps: Google Maps

I'm going to need an extra sausage, mind

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Just looking at photos from the Regency Café on Google Maps: Google Maps

I'm going to need an extra sausage, mind
              It is the most excellent breakfast.

Comment

It's a multi-sensory experience!

Comment

Right - how many buffets am I ordering?

Comment

Right - how many buffets am I ordering?
                    I couldn't eat a whole one

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post