• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World's Best Martini event 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World's Best Martini event 2019

If you don't already know, I run a competition every year to find the world's best martini. This years event will be in 100 Wardour street, Soho on January 15th. It's always a great night, and you'll get at least 6 martinis for the entry cost.

Some of the gin fans on here are regular attendees, and will agree it'a a top night out.

Tickets are available at mrtn.is/2019
    World's Best Martini

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    If you don't already know, I run a competition every year to find the world's best martini. This years event will be in 100 Wardour street, Soho on January 15th. It's always a great night, and you'll get at least 6 martinis for the entry cost.

Some of the gin fans on here are regular attendees, and will agree it'a a top night out.

Tickets are available at mrtn.is/2019
    Mate's rates?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Mate's rates?
      No chance! I tried that last year

Comment

That’s a maybe from me, depending on my next assignment (which I’m hoping to get confirmed before the 14th).
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have bought my ticket Would be great to see you cojak - been too long!

Comment

It might be a last minute thing but we’ll see.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Let's see. No chance I can come alone
              But my girlfriend doesn't approve the choice of the drink (Martini). I'll return on the topic in the next days!
              Federico Razzoli
              Database Consultant

Email: [email protected]

Comment

I won't be there, but I'd say that a well made Green Vesper is hard to beat.

My preference:
                3 measures of Foxhole Gin (can substitute Silent Pool)
                2 measures of Moskovskaya vodka (for a different take, try Arbikie)
                1 measure of Kubler Absinthe (Larusse is another option)

Mix with ice and if you must garnish it, use lime peel.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And a very good night it was - thanks v8gaz.

Feel a bit rough this morning though - think I must have had a dodgy olive.

Comment

Working...
                  X