• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester Christmas Meet 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Where's everybody staying? Think I'll be heading up Thursday evening and working somewhere on the Friday
    Personally I will travel Friday morning. Sleep Friday afternoon(I am very elderly you know!). Then sleep overnight.

I strongly advise no-one to give their hotel details out publicly! Not that I don't trust CUK posters. Well actually I don't trust them. PM me if you want details - I do trust you personally!

Suffice to say I won't be walking miles through the dark to reach my hotel. Unless I get directions from Zig.....

Comment

I too am working in town on the Friday. Haven't yet decided which hotdesk/co-working space to go for. I refuse to use Regus cos they pissed me off earlier this year but there's plenty of other options I see.

Comment

Staying at a hotel within taxi distance. I'm arriving late Thursday, so I'll probably do some shopping Friday morning. Then afternoon nap...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I too am working in town on the Friday. Haven't yet decided which hotdesk/co-working space to go for. I refuse to use Regus cos they pissed me off earlier this year but there's plenty of other options I see.
          I'm probably going to go with WeWork again - enjoyed them last time. Not that I intend to be doing overly stressful amounts of work, to be frank.

Comment

I'm probably going to go with WeWork again - enjoyed them last time. Not that I intend to be doing overly stressful amounts of work, to be frank.
            Do you have a subscription or just pay a day rate?

Comment

Do you have a subscription or just pay a day rate?
              I need to double check I can do this twice, but last time I signed up to a monthly subscription which also gave me the equivalent of one day in credits. I just cancelled the subscription straight after - so the cost was just the subscription amount.

Comment

I need to double check I can do this twice, but last time I signed up to a monthly subscription which also gave me the equivalent of one day in credits. I just cancelled the subscription straight after - so the cost was just the subscription amount.
                I may see if I can blag a day as an intro

Edit: just had a look a their locations and they all require a >5 min walk to hotel/pub! I may have to find somewhere else...

Comment

I may see if I can blag a day as an intro

Edit: just had a look a their locations and they all require a >5 min walk to hotel/pub! I may have to find somewhere else...
                  I can draw you a map...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    I can draw you a map...
                    Are we still all walking back to your place for the post meet party?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Are we still all walking back to your place for the post meet party?
                      If you feel brave enough! I'm quite happy to walk through Salford in the middle of the night, be interesting to see how Admin and NAT cope...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X