Manchester Christmas Meet 2019 Manchester Christmas Meet 2019 - Page 15

View Poll Results: Will you attend the Christmas Meet 2019?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Can't wait : see you there

11 73.33%
  • AndyW witty option

4 26.67%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Posts 141 to 147 of 147

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    If it’s the Manchester Piccadilly one, that’s where I’m staying - only seems to be a few minutes’ walk from the venue
    It's not, that would've been ideal but my laziness has paid a price and all the nice close ones are full. I'll keep an eye out, though - that happened to me for Manchester Airport previously and I checked one day and got a room

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Turns out that WeWork will allow one to sign up for their basic membership, use a desk for one day, and then cancel. However, they don't allow you to use said desk until 9am. Not much use when I have a meeting at 9am and need to be sat, online and logged in well before then.

The other rent-a-desk places I've seen in Manchester have email addresses that bounce back undelivered. I think I will have to phone and talk to someone...
    Didn't I tell everybody this before! Anyway, can't guarantee, but at the one in London I pretty just walked in - I can't imagine for a minute you'll be made to hold until 0900

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Didn't I tell everybody this before! Anyway, can't guarantee, but at the one in London I pretty just walked in - I can't imagine for a minute you'll be made to hold until 0900
    I know you said about the sign up and then cancel malarkey, which is why I bothered getting in touch with them, but I don't recall anything about the 9am nonsense. Apologies if I missed that.

I'm guessing no office will be busy on a Friday and they will let me in. Just would like to be sure. I have time yet, maybe I can convince the new PM to move the meeting

Super poster

I know you said about the sign up and then cancel malarkey, which is why I bothered getting in touch with them, but I don't recall anything about the 9am nonsense. Apologies if I missed that.

I'm guessing no office will be busy on a Friday and they will let me in. Just would like to be sure. I have time yet, maybe I can convince the new PM to move the meeting
    Nah, I didn't realise the 9am bit either. Can't even remember when I walked in to be honest - I wasn't feeling my most productive that day

Fingers like lightning

Turns out that WeWork will allow one to sign up for their basic membership, use a desk for one day, and then cancel. However, they don't allow you to use said desk until 9am. Not much use when I have a meeting at 9am and need to be sat, online and logged in well before then.

The other rent-a-desk places I've seen in Manchester have email addresses that bounce back undelivered. I think I will have to phone and talk to someone...
    Serious question - why not just work from Witherspoons

£3.99 breakfast
    £4 double Hendrix
    £5.99 lunch plus free drink
    More gin
    No music or tv

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Serious question - why not just work from Witherspoons

£3.99 breakfast
    £4 double Hendrix
    £5.99 lunch plus free drink
    More gin
    No music or tv

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    GPWM

And they do table service with the app

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Serious question - why not just work
    Work? Why would I work? My company is paying for me to attend a networking meeting. I plan on shopping and then having a nice civilised meal on Friday evening. With one or two beers.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath