• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester Christmas Meet 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    They will be the group of socially inept people looking at their phones
    Great, I will bring my magic tricks to start off the frivolities and get everyone in the party mood.

My elephant trick is a bit of a let down, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      They will be the group of socially inept people looking at their phones
      That only happens after you turn up - anything to avoid talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Ok ive booked my driver, pie and ale at 6pm.

How will I recognise a group of cukers?
        At the last one I went to in manchester we just had a bunch of tulips on the table
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Hmm, I wouldnt mind coming along, but it would involve getting someone in to look after Himself for the evening.
          I remenber the one at the Waterhouses in Manchester where Wilmslow turned up
          That was a fun evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I remenber the one at the Waterhouses in Manchester where Wilmslow turned up
            That was a fun evening.
            CM called me halfway through to have a good laugh about it. Everyone was amazed he was not a sockie.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              CM called me halfway through to have a good laugh about it. Everyone was amazed he was not a sockie.....
              Yep, this shy looking guy turned up and either me or Churchie (- or maybe both of us) shouted out WILMSLOW! And it was the man himself.
              EO was there too.

Comment

I'll be the nervous looking guy wearing the lifebelt and carrying a toblerone.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Yep, this shy looking guy turned up and either me or Churchie (- or maybe both of us) shouted out WILMSLOW! And it was the man himself.
                  EO was there too.
                  I miss EO...

Yep, it was both of us. One of those "It could only be him" kind of characters.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Well it is my first one - although I have met 1 person on here in real life....

Although given that it was about 6 months ago for half an hour I would probably struggle to pick him out of a police line up - what with being old and not being able to remember someone's name 2 minutes after they have just told me.

Anyway i'll be the average looking guy looking a bit lost I imagine - probably getting there about 6.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      I would probably struggle to pick him out of a police line up
                      Lets hope no CUKkers are to be picked from a police line up this time.....

Comment

Working...
                      X