• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester Christmas Meet 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing time before getting the train to the airport. Three attempts to find a coffee shop that wasn't shut or overcrowded. I suspect the one we're in does 'modern' coffee and therefore will be a disappointment. Fortunately, we have access to two lounges at MAN so we can drown our sorrows

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I'm in a taxi to the airport. Couldn't be bothered to walk to the train station.

A little jaded this morning, but nothing a g and t won't fix.

Thanks Brillo for organising it. Get well soon.
      Yes, thanks Brillo, shame you couldn't make it

Comment

Really enjoyable night and great to meet you all.

Shocking to here about the crap admin has to deal with - really opened my eyes to a few things!

Think I started a bit early and drank a bit fast so had to leave sharpish before I fell over or threw up - or both....

Comment

Oh and thanks for the chocolate NAT

Kids have already enjoyed one of the bars.

[emoji16]

Comment

Apparently I was out until about 0600 with NLUK. Not feeling all that chipper this morning

Absolute pleasure as always

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              An enjoyable evening, look forward to next year, will try and book a later taxi next time.

None of you resembled how i thought you would look.

Thank you for the chocolate and german beer Nat, i will renew your moderator license for one more year.

Pie was nice to. Thank you for organising BP.
              Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Hey Scourer: we’re having a cracking night, and really sorry you can’t be here for it <- manly

FFS, my phone inserts smart quotes. I’ll tidy it up later
              Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I'm in a taxi to the airport. Couldn't be bothered to walk to the train station.

A little jaded this morning, but nothing a g and t won't fix.

Thanks Brillo for organising it. Get well soon.
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Yes, thanks Brillo, shame you couldn't make it
              I am f**king devestated. Since Thursday morning I have moved not more than a few metres under my own steam. I can put no weight on my right leg at all. I am pleased everyone had a good time. But I was really looking forward to this for weeks.

I made it to Wales - Mrs BP and Son of BP had to carry me into the house.

I fell off outside Eltham Post Office. Adrenaline kicked in and I could get off the road. Then everything froze up. I called an ambulance. It took an hour to turn up. I was freezing. Really shivering.

Not one person asked how I was. Loads of postmen going past. They were opening up a polling station opposite. I suppose that is London.

I realized it woul;d be best to get bike inside. So I asked a postman to take it into the sorting office.

Someone from work who lives in Eltham came online. I called him and he drove down with blankets. He arrived 1 minute after ambulance. Then popped into A and E as it was a small detour from his route into work. He even pushed my wheelchair into the toilet. I suppose it is because he is French he is decent.

That evening another friend went to delivery office(late opening for Christmas) to collect bike. They knew nothing! And said to call the fololowing day. I had already sat on the automated line for 30 minutes with no response. So friend got manager's mobile.

Then the French man went to thwe delivery office and poked around until he found the bike! Such a star! He once cycled across the foyer of one of the biggest IBs out there - awesome bottle and such a star!

Enough rambling. I really wanted to be there and am really cheesed off.

Comment

What a palaver! Rest up and all that jazz, not like you have much choice, and get better soon.

Comment

Thanks again Brillo. Hope you’re mobile again soon! <- manly

Comment

Sheeesh. And I was bit annoyed because I couldn't find my priority pass card for the lounge. Unpacked just now, and there it was, staring at me from the bottom of my hand luggage.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well I've not long surfaced and definitely feeling it. Have to say I had a cracking night. Couldn't have wished for a better set of people to spend it with. Nice to see the Xmas do regulars and a smattering of new faces. Ladymuck looking as lovely as ever, good to see the legends Nick and TheFaQQer again. Despite what people think Admin was a top bloke and finally got his hand in pocket which was worth going just to see. Although he is the world's tuliptest mod NAT was great as well. Thank you for the choccy.
                      I was disappointed that I spent all night staring at woohoo and he didn't do impression of his avatar though but really pleased he came along and hope he's gonna come to more does.
                      Depsite me being the one and only person he's ever met off the forums OriginalPM turned up and think he quite enjoyed it. You could tell he was only perm there as he wasn't hovering up every receipt in sight.

Last but no means least vwdan. Can't go in to detail but I'm broken today. Fantastic night!

So sad BP couldn't be there but terrific night. Thank you one and all.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X