• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good pubs in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good pubs in London

Other than the S&S, maybe possible alternatives for mid-week drinks? All suggestions welcome. A central location is a good idea.

The Master Gunner, City Road (5 mins from Old Street tube): real ale and excellent food.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

I always think London pubs aren't really much - far finer pubs are to be found elsewhere in the UK. However the following isn't bad:

Salisbury, Leicester Square, London, WC2N 4AP - pub details # beerintheevening.com
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

A decent pub in the Paddington area (gasps!)

Mitre, Paddington, London, W2 3QM - pub details # beerintheevening.com
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Decent pub near bank (2 stops from Old st)/monument/liverpool st, not exactly central london but a lot of the regular attendees seem to be city based

Counting house, good selection of ales, serves food

And you can reserve an area/table which is always good the the pub is often packed.
        Last edited by norrahe; 13 November 2010, 16:43.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The Ferryboat Inn

Country pub feel in Tottenham Hale, beer garden, food is ok, next to canal/river and reservoirs.

Ferryboat Inn

Recent find after living in the area for a year!!
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Ye Old Cheshire Cheese is a great one, and a very ancient one to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal P View Post
              Ye Old Cheshire Cheese is a great one, and a very ancient one to boot.
              I think that's a RealityHack favourite haunt
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I think the Euston Tap would be a good location

Pub Notes: First Impressions of The Euston Tap | Blog o' Beer

The main bar area is small, but up the staircase (and what a staircase!) there's a larger room we could meet. The pub's main selling point is the range of beers, which should appeal to some here.

another linky

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Decent pub near bank (2 stops from Old st)/monument/liverpool st, not exactly central london but a lot of the regular attendees seem to be city based

Counting house, good selection of ales, serves food

And you can reserve an area/table which is always good the the pub is often packed.
                  Also in that area is one of the few acceptable Wetherspoon's pubs; the Crosse Keys. Come to think of it - I haven't been in there since, well, before the summer.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Am becoming a fan of the Swan in Leadenhall.

New Moon is also ok.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X