• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what ways to remote desktop from work to my home pc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what ways to remote desktop from work to my home pc?

i currently remote desktop from my ipad to my home pc with the splashptop.

it not so subtle when my eyes are glued to ipad on the desk at work. so was wondering if there is a way to connect via web browser on the work pc

cheers

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post

it not so subtle when my eyes are glued to ipad on the desk at work. so was wondering if there is a way to connect via web browser on the work pc

cheers
    And your clients policy on this is? If it's an issue you being on it on you ipad it's going to be even more of an issue if you are doing it on their kit surely?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm experimenting with Chrome remote desktop at present.

Free rather than the paid options from LogMeIn and GoToMyPC, but not as quick being browser based.

Comment

cheers
        I use Oracle Secure Global Desktop, all over port 443, there is (or was) and iPad client too but with a browser it's fine too on the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          And your clients policy on this is? If it's an issue you being on it on you ipad it's going to be even more of an issue if you are doing it on their kit surely?
          My Client is pretty much relaxed with internet usage, Its just that I would like to be a bit more productive with my free time than watching American tv series on my Ipad.

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
          I'm experimenting with Chrome remote desktop at present.

Free rather than the paid options from LogMeIn and GoToMyPC, but not as quick being browser based.
          LogMein which I have free access to never worked on my work pc ... I think the ports are blocked. The safari browser plugin for it worked for a bit before it got blocked too ... I'll try Chrome remote today to see if it works though I doubt it since all out web traffic is outed via a proxy ...

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I use Oracle Secure Global Desktop, all over port 443, there is (or was) and iPad client too but with a browser it's fine too on the desktop.
          1st time hearing of the product but that requires installation which i am not keen on. Is there are standalone app for this?

Comment

I use LogMeIn and it works nicely with Chrome. Although I'm not a regular user.

Comment

I have Just tried chrome + logmein from the browser.

It only gets so far and I just get a spinning cycle without it connecting (it is using port 443).

I suspect the same issue will happen with any client app installed of the pc.

I have a feeling that the security software blocks all known proxies and remote desktop providers ....

just out of curiosity is it not possible to route the traffic via a personal domain using a https connection?.

Comment

I have a feeling that the security software blocks all known proxies and remote desktop providers ....
                This is pretty common to be fair

Comment

I have Just tried chrome + logmein from the browser.

It only gets so far and I just get a spinning cycle without it connecting (it is using port 443).

I suspect the same issue will happen with any client app installed of the pc.

just out of curiosity is it not possible to route the traffic via a personal domain using a https connection?.
                  I know I will get flamed but again, does this not tell you something and trying to bypass what they are trying to stop is a professional thing to do on a clients site how?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My Client is pretty much relaxed with internet usage....
                    ... I think the ports are blocked. The safari browser plugin for it worked for a bit before it got blocked too ...
                    Pretty relaxed?? But actively monitoring and blocking.....

FFS Do you know what you have made me do????

Agree with NLUK!!

Comment

Working...
                    X