• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One Plus One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    £140 > £40

She's moved onto my older spare phone, which now means that I don't have a reasonable spare phone any more. The Moto G is a possibility / probability if I bugger up the repair. If I go for a OnePlusOne, it will shift my Nexus 5 down to being the best spare available.

Shop in town quoted £105 for a repair, which is getting too close to the cost of a new Moto G for my liking. MrsF must be feeling guilty about it - she said "so, how much does a Nexus 6 cost if you want one?" as we were coming home.
    Fair one I follow you now, I gave my N4 to the nipper when I bought an LG G2 so now the Moto G is my backup/work phone. Best of luck with the repair if you attempt it if not The N6 is available soon and the Tegra K1 processor is a beast.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Anyone got one?

They are taking pre-orders at 3pm on Monday in the UK for one hour. No idea when it will ship, no idea if it's worth it.

If anyone's got / seen / used one, what's it like?
      Yes and its good (which really surprised me )

Pre-orders will start but I reckon it will takes weeks to fulfil as they are saying you can jump to the front of the queue if you get an invite

If I get anymore invites then I can let you know...(normally invites last less than 24 hours to claim and then you have 24 hours to pay for it...it then gets delivered in about 3 days for standard delivery (£5) or if you pay £5 more(£10), express delivery which takes around 5-7 days )

I did ask in TPD if anyone wanted the last invite I got...maybe not the right place?
      Join IPSE

Comment

Is it worthy of the hype?
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Is it worthy of the hype?
          So far, yes...other half got an iphone 6 and after comparing on both, the OnePlusOne beats it on most stuff hands down...at less than half the price and comparable size to the 6+ I think I got a good phone...
          Join IPSE

Comment

What Android OS does it ship with? Or have you put a custom ROM on it.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              What Android OS does it ship with? Or have you put a custom ROM on it.
              latest cyanogenmod (so 4.4) Their version of 5 will appear sometime in January by the looks of it. and support will be at least 2 years (they are supposedly retrofitting 5 to the Galaxy 2).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                latest cyanogenmod (so 4.4) Their version of 5 will appear sometime in January by the looks of it. and support will be at least 2 years (they are supposedly retrofitting 5 to the Galaxy 2).
                WES

Easy to Root and Boot (I have done but yet to put on a custom ROM as im finding the stock ROM great so far)
                Join IPSE

Comment

If I remember, I'll see what the pre-order queue looks like - apparently it will say when they are shipping when it comes up.

Meanwhile, the replacement screen has been dispatched...
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Chap at client co has one, I'd not even heard about them until t'other day (not saying much, I'm far from a phone snob).

Looks quite nice, if a tad large. He got his via invite only apparently.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

If I remember, I'll see what the pre-order queue looks like - apparently it will say when they are shipping when it comes up.
                      If I remember I might try and get in to buy one, so I can put it on eBay. But I doubt I CBA.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X