• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using a large format UHD TV as a computer monitor ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    At the moment I am still using a setup using 3 screen at a standard FullHD 1920x1080 resolution, tiled horizontally.
    It's a bit low vertically (i.e. you may need to scroll sometimes) but it fits your field of view pretty well - i.e. fairly wide angle.
    With a big 4k TV, you're basically arranging 4 FHD panels in a 2x2 pattern.
    It might be interesting, but what bothers me with this setup is that there is no 'middle'/'centre' - you could probably arrange it into smaller windows, or one larger window in the centre and smaller toolbars/sidebars around the central area, but not sure how well that works.
    That is the reason I previously mentioned the LG screen - it is a bit wider so you can more comfortably arrange items side by side, but I guess anything in 4k is a bit experimental at the moment and you are the beta tester.
    Crikey! That's a lot of invoices and expenses you must be doing at once!

Sez me, with a 27" Retina iMac for same....

Comment

Working...
    X