• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good, cheap domain hosting service ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, cheap domain hosting service ?

Hi,

I took over the running of a club website and ported its domain name into freeparking.co.uk who I have used before and who have been fine. They have dropped the ball in a catastrophically bad way and the site is completely tuliped through dns issues.

I have decided to cut my losses and port it out to someone else and that leaves me looking around.

Freeparking offer 10 free email addresses per domain as well as free dns and web forwarding with URL masking. All of this would be perfect but I could pay for email addresses so long as the cost is not too high.

I'm already aware of 123-reg, and, obviously, freeparking.

Any other suggestions for hosting providers would be much appreciated, the key critereon being support as low cost has started to pall drastically with fp's tulipe recent service...

I don't need web hosting btw, as I run my own server at this time.

Boo
    Last edited by Boo; 12 March 2015, 16:11.

Mine's been with names.co.uk for donkeys years. Never had any issue.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I was using 1&1 to direct to my telecoms providers free webspace, but it was sometimes slow response, so moved hosting to 1&1 too.
      I have also been using them for my company email host for a while.
      So far, so good.

Comment

I use Swiftinternet

£100 odd per year with email accounts and good support when I want it which is not very much.

Comment

I know you have said that you are already aware of them but I thought Id give a quick review incase you have not actually used them.

I have been using 123 for DNS management (and hosting my VPS servers) for around 8 years now, never an issue with them (Other than one server that I re-imaged without realising the IP would change, but that was my fault!)

Really cant recommend them highly enough, their support is good, prices are low and the admin interface is easy to use, what more do you need?

Comment

Working...
          X