• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More linux lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You need to be just a little bit more precise old chap...
    And you need to read the OP more thoroughly. You told me to install the wrong package, from the fedora repository which I already told you doesn't have USB support compiled in.

To be fair, the target OS really doesn't matter here. All the salient points were made in the OP.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I am really starting to absolutely despise Linux land.

Latest problem is I need to compile a program called virt-viewer. The reason is that the cretins that wrote it decided to leave USB support out of the main build. So if you want to use this software, with USB support you have to build a full develpment OS and recompile from source.

So I have now Fedora with MingW installed, got the source from github.

Then I have to configure the install with my options. Just keep it basic for now.
      And you need to read the OP more thoroughly. You told me to install the wrong package, from the fedora repository which I already told you doesn't have USB support compiled in.

To be fair, the target OS really doesn't matter here. All the salient points were made in the OP.
      Sorry but the OP doesn't mention Win 7 anywhere. BTW, I just looked on my RH systems (6 + 7) which are compatible with Fedora and:

The virt-viewer utility has been modified to enable support for USB redirection introduced in the latest version of the spice-gtk packages. Users are now able to attach local USB devices to remote virtual machines using the SPICE protocol.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sorry but the OP doesn't mention Win 7 anywhere. BTW, I just looked on my RH systems (6 + 7) which are compatible with Fedora and:
        Right so you can deduce from the OP, and your findings that it's not for linux then

Comment

Right so you can deduce from the OP, and your findings that it's not for linux then
          Nope

So I have now Fedora with MingW installed, got the source from github.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Nope
            Ok you win. Happy?

Comment

Are you like this at work, with your actual customers?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Are you like this at work, with your actual customers?
                Why do you think he works in Germany.....

They merely employ him for the entertainment....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I knew it was a mistake coming back. I asked a genuine question, for a genuine problem. But oh no, let's all have a pile on.

Ok, fine. Have a pile on. Knock yourselves out.

I'm about ******* done with this board now.

Hope you ******* proud of yourself you utter *****

Comment

Don't worry, I'm going to as a techie question soon and then everyone can take the piss out of me Hope you fixed your problem in the end or at least found an alternative solution (spice?)

Comment

This is why I avoid Linux.

None of this on AIX/Solaris/HP-UX

Comment

Working...
                      X