• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ubuntu phone available to pre-order

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu phone available to pre-order

I know our resident Linux expert has departed, but what's the collective thoughts on the Ubuntu phone?

Aquaris E5 Ubuntu Edition

EUR199 unlocked.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

tempting tbh...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Does it have the CUK double-typing feature?

Comment

Doesn't look like you can connect it to KVM and run it as a Desktop...that was a key feature touted in the concept...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I know our resident Linux expert has departed, but what's the collective thoughts on the Ubuntu phone?

Aquaris E5 Ubuntu Edition

EUR199 unlocked.
          Not sure. I am a keen linux user but like many, I dislike Ubuntu on the desktop because they make your PC experience like using a mobile phone. Part of Canonical's silly convergence policy. However, on the phone itself, maybe it works. If it offers a non-google, non-snooping way forward I'd be interested.

Comment

I got one when they were first available, really like the user interface and scopes are a nice touch

The location stuff seems a bit screwy at the moment an obviously app support is very limited

Its early days yet but I love the fact I its actual Linux which means the potential could be quite large

Comment

An answer to a question nobody was asking?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X