• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coding projects - pointers needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coding projects - pointers needed

My son is learning a bit of coding. He’s been writing html5 through java, autodesk Maya and UDK.

It doesn't mean anything to me, but he wants to start getting some experience in actually using it, ultimately to earn money.

Is there anywhere he can look to pick up jobs/ projects? Even if it’s not paying much to start or just for experience/ contacts.

Any help is appreciated

join an open source project?

get a reputation and see the whole process with some really bright people.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
      My son is learning a bit of coding. He’s been writing html5 through java, autodesk Maya and UDK.

It doesn't mean anything to me, but he wants to start getting some experience in actually using it, ultimately to earn money.

Is there anywhere he can look to pick up jobs/ projects? Even if it’s not paying much to start or just for experience/ contacts.

Any help is appreciated
      He could have a look on people per hour, I've more or less given up on it because its very hard to compete with people willing to work for less than minimum wage.. but if he is doing it for fun/experience and has no overheads he can bid low and might make a bit of money at the same time...

I will also give him good experience of clients who have no idea what their requirements are but want delivery tomorrow for £5

Comment

Think up a project and do it. That's the best way to learn, and also means you have something to show. I.e. like whoever it was who posted about his Walking Dead site the other day: a bit pointless, but a great demo of his skills.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

get him to knock up a webapp so you can submit your expenses on your phone.

Comment

Working...
          X