• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Picture Slideshow / Montage software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Slideshow / Montage software

Hey,

10th anniversary coming up later this year and want create a photo slideshow montage thingy to surprise the missus, just wondering what the best bit of software would be for doing this?

I use windows as opposed to Mac, have a rubbish eye for creative design so wandering if anyone had any recommendations.

Something that has some nice pre-built features that are easy to apply, obviously i'd prefer not to have to pay for the software so if there are any online tools that would be a bonus

appreciate any non pee taking responses )

Are we after idiot proof? Why not powerpoint
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Are we after idiot proof? Why not powerpoint
      idiot proof yes

but does powerpoint create an .mp4 file that can be extracted and uploaded to youtube etc don't think it does

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        idiot proof yes

but does powerpoint create an .mp4 file that can be extracted and uploaded to youtube etc don't think it does
        Did your original requirements state that it should

So lets try again with what you actually need it to do

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

idiot proof yes

Hey,

10th anniversary coming up later this year and want create a photo slideshow montage thingy to surprise the missus, just wondering what the best bit of software would be for doing this?

I use windows as opposed to Mac, have a rubbish eye for creative design so wandering if anyone had any recommendations.

Something that has some nice pre-built features that are easy to apply, obviously i'd prefer not to have to pay for the software so if there are any online tools that would be a bonus

appreciate any non pee taking responses )

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

i believe the technical term "thingy" adequately described client requirements )

so i'm trawling through 10 years worth of pictures which i'm gonna pick out a few and put into a chronological order, would like to feed them into a bit of software that sticks on some nice transitions, and i'll overlay a a music score to go along with it, then just save as a .mp4 file that i'll upload to youtube and send to her,

that can be her gift, might cost me time but not a lot of ££

Comment

Question: Why MP4?

To me this sounds like a client using terminology to make a specification, when it's not the best way to do it.

Anyway, to answer your question:
              https://support.office.com/en-us/art...4-3e30815c3e83

and

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

Or, if you have the time, you could do it all directly in Windows Live Movie Maker:

Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Question: Why MP4?

To me this sounds like a client using terminology to make a specification, when it's not the best way to do it.

Anyway, to answer your question:
                https://support.office.com/en-us/art...4-3e30815c3e83

and

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

Or, if you have the time, you could do it all directly in Windows Live Movie Maker:

Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows

Ah

thanks dude will give that a go

Comment

So lets get this straight?

For the beautiful and sexy lady wife, you are going to stun her with a Powerpoint presentation.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    So lets get this straight?

For the beautiful and sexy lady wife, you are going to stun her with a Powerpoint presentation.....
                    beautiful and sexy were never specified

Comment

Working...
                    X