• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pure VPN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pure VPN

I've been looking to get a decent VPN and had been gravitating towards PIA when I came across this on GCHQ.
    Does anyone have experience with PUREVPN?

Their web chat completely turned me off. The person I was chatting to couldn't explain the difference between a $7 and a $4 plan more than the (two word) marketing term on the website. Just got snooty when I pointed out that a technical person might like to know a bit more.

Comment

I use AirVPN. Seem to be pretty well reviewed, servers all over the place and no throttling of torrent traffic for my numerous, ahem, linux distro downloads.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

ExpressVPN for me, works a treat for Sky Go and Get iPlayer Automator for Corrie downloads!

300mb internet helps too, go Denmark, might go for the 1gb upgrade. Synchronous too....

Comment

I subscribe to Eweka (usenet) and get IPVanish thrown in for free, all for about $8 a month I think. IPVanish works well.

Comment

What are folks using these VPN services for these days? To access content outside of the UK which is restricted by certain IP Addresses?

Cause you don't necessarily need a VPN to attain a wealth of global content. Simply use a Smart DNS service the likes that OverPlay provide. Have been using it for years and is a great tool. Using SmartDNS also means you're utilizing the maximum bandwidth of your ISP instead of tunnelling through a third party connection!

Obviously if you prefer your data traffic encrypted, then by all means go down the VPN route.

Comment

Originally posted by IL Cattivo View Post
              Obviously if you prefer your data traffic encrypted, then by all means go down the VPN route.
              that's probably the most important part for most.

Comment

Working...
              X