• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large Windows 10 update?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I was very happy with my Windows 7, so downloaded a little utility to stop the Windows 10 auto upgrade.

I always let people run with it for a while before I ever upgrade any Windows system.
    That having been said I have generally had good reports about W10.
    W 10 is definitely one of the best ever MS products, I think. (I am not a computer techy).
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      W 10 is definitely one of the best ever MS products, I think. (I am not a computer techy).
      Wow, praise indeed
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Wow, praise indeed
        I did qualify my remark. But overall, full marks from me for W 10 when used with Classic Shell.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          I did qualify my remark. But overall, full marks from me for W 10 when used with Classic Shell.
          Yes, I would have to switch to classic shell, old habits etc.

You are not the first to say how good it is, however.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Updates aside, W10 seems pretty great to me.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's okay, but I wish they'd go back to having one Control Panel instead of two that are sort of the same but not quite.

The update changes the start menu to make things more accessible. I have one computer that has the upgrade and one that doesn't, and it is an improvement.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                It's okay, but I wish they'd go back to having one Control Panel instead of two that are sort of the same but not quite.

The update changes the start menu to make things more accessible. I have one computer that has the upgrade and one that doesn't, and it is an improvement.
                With the frequent updates W10 does always seem to be a work in progress but I suppose that's good in a way as we all have to wrestle with outdated and legacy software on client sites. Perhaps this shift to twice yearly major Windows OS upgrades (and Office 365 too) will change things in the years to follow.

As for the control panel the main problem is there is a tonne of legacy control panel settings out there written by 3rd parties as well as Microsoft so there is going to be two control panels/location for settings for some time to come.

Comment

Working...
                X