• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know about the Amazon Echo?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it still work if you're pissed?

Christmas is coming, and perhaps a few drinks maybe consumed over the period. Can it understand "Alexsha, [hic] turn the lightshhh off", or any sweary equivalent?

This could be a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      Does it still work if you're pissed?

Christmas is coming, and perhaps a few drinks maybe consumed over the period. Can it understand "Alexsha, [hic] turn the lightshhh off", or any sweary equivalent?

This could be a deal breaker.
      I can confirm it does work when the user is pisshed or at least I think it worked, I was pisshed.

Comment

Pished, Annoyed and excited all tested ok. You do need a couple of retrys if you talk too fast
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Have a look at the app on your phone and it will show you what it heard you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Have a look at the app on your phone and it will show you what it heard you say.
            "I love you Alexa I do (hic)"

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              "I love you Alexa I do (hic)"
              Alexa yore my bestest mate!

Comment

Alexa Who's the Daddy??

https://ifttt.com/applets/284243p-te...-shopping-list

Simply ask Alexa, "What's on my Shopping List?" to receive an email of your entire list. You can send it to yourself, and up to four others. Perfect when you're running out the door.

Comment

I do have have a problem with my DOT, its connected to an external speaker using an audio cable. But the speaker itself goes into standby mode and Alexa does not switch back to its internal speaker. Funnily enough if I set an alarm it seems to stop the speaker going into standby mode (at least I think it does).

Comment

Working...
                  X