• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sonos Play 5?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Play 5?

Thinking of getting one of these to replace ipod dock. Any good? Pros/cons/other? Cheers.
    Clarity is everything

How big a room are you wanting to fill with sound? A Play 5 packs a big punch, I'd suggest a Play 3 or maybe a Play 1.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      How big a room are you wanting to fill with sound? A Play 5 packs a big punch, I'd suggest a Play 3 or maybe a Play 1.
      Thanks for replying, it'll be going in the large living room...but despite the big punch surely it has a vol ctrl? Would you recommend?
      Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
        Thanks for replying, it'll be going in the large living room...but despite the big punch surely it has a vol ctrl? Would you recommend?
        I have one. Excellent and would recommend.

Comment

We have a selection of Sonos scattered about, including a Play 5 (v1) in the Living room. It is a very decent speaker, with - as noted above - a decent punch......everything I have read suggests that the v2 is an improvement, too.
          For me, however, I got hooked - now have Play 1s in most rooms, Playbar & Play sub connected to main TV. Can be a costly road
          latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
            How about a couple of Play1's grouped together in the same room will have a better effect that a single 5, my Play 3 never gets anywhere near full whack in a pretty large room
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              How about a couple of Play1's grouped together in the same room will have a better effect that a single 5, my Play 3 never gets anywhere near full whack in a pretty large room
              OK it arrived a few days back...it's bigger than I thought! It's still in cellophane in position on a glass shelf of TV stand, just in case I need to return it to JL. Not plugged it in to check sound quality. Still trying to work out if it's too big 'physically', or not, & whether I should swap it for a play 3 which might look more in balance. Problem is I'm not so keen on the look of the play 3, hence reason for choosing the play 5.
              Might need to get off my backside & nip to Curry's or something to check physical size & look of play 3...
              Clarity is everything

Comment

Personally, I always thought the Play3 was a little in no-mans land......Play5 is great, and for 'smaller' applications I just went with Play1s. Still, YMMV
                latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

I did have a Play:5 in the guest bedroom but it went kaput last year. I replaced it with a pair of Play:1 units. Very happy with the result.

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
                    Personally, I always thought the Play3 was a little in no-mans land......Play5 is great, and for 'smaller' applications I just went with Play1s. Still, YMMV
                    This seemed to be the common consensus when I was looking at this recently.

Comment

Working...
                    X