• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn

I always thought there was a way to flag yourself as looking for your next gig within LinkedIn.

However, I've been looking for 15 minutes & can't find it anywhere! Anybody know how/where please?

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
    I always thought there was a way to flag yourself as looking for your next gig within LinkedIn.

However, I've been looking for 15 minutes & can't find it anywhere! Anybody know how/where please?
    Put it in your Profile and status.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Put it in your Profile and status.
      I can't find my status - that's what I mean.

I presume you mean just add a note in my profile?

Comment

Nor that I am aware of but change your title and add a phrase like 'Looking for new opportunities ' or something. I sourced two contractors at my last gig using that in a search on there.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Nor that I am aware of but change your title and add a phrase like 'Looking for new opportunities ' or something. I sourced two contractors at my last gig using that in a search on there.
          Ok, I'll do that but there definitely was a way to flag yourself as 'looking for next role' a year or so back.

I'll update my profile now.

Comment

You can also invite spam from recruiters by going to Jobs > Preferences (from the menu bar) and flicking the little switch under "Let recruiters know you're open". That might be a premium feature though.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              You can also invite spam from recruiters by going to Jobs > Preferences (from the menu bar) and flicking the little switch under "Let recruiters know you're open". That might be a premium feature though.
              Nope not a premium feature
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm not looking and I get plenty of Spam from recruiters who "want to join your network". Just be patient! Put lots of keywords in your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  I'm not looking and I get plenty of Spam from recruiters who "want to join your network". Just be patient! Put lots of keywords in your profile.
                  +1 I have removed most of these (added when I was young and foolish) and decline the daily trickle of these requests that come in, have realised a while ago that its mostly 18 yr old newbie pimps (who were knocking out mobiles at Carphone Warehouse last week) and are now describing themselves as 'senior global executive talent headhunter consultant etc...', waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    +1 I have removed most of these (added when I was young and foolish) and decline the daily trickle of these requests that come in, have realised a while ago that its mostly 18 yr old newbie pimps (who were knocking out mobiles at Carphone Warehouse last week) and are now describing themselves as 'senior global executive talent headhunter consultant etc...', waste of time.
                    I wondered why you removed me, and it was Phones4U, not Carphone warhouse

Comment

Working...
                    X