• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCTV recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Work colleague has had their cctv used by the police when someone broke into his neighbour's house. The image was taken of his back yard with the fellow in it.

Police said that it was the trainers caught in the images which were very distinctive rather than the face that they wanted to use.
    CCTV can be used by the police to find someone but it doesn't mean it can be used alone to prosecute that person.

So if there is no other evidence and the person refuses to admit they did the burglary, theft or criminal damage and you cannot very clearly see their face on the video then the case is often dropped by the CPS.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
      I bought a £30 crap one from Amazon.
      Hooked it up to iSpy running on a PC. Worked great. The iSpy software can be configured to only record video when movement is detected in a preconfigured area of the shot.
      Do these cameras work to some common protocol (either hardware or API) then? I've some interest in something like this but possibly less for security and more so I am alerted if someone comes up my drive once we move to the country... so I don't miss deliveries, etc.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Though getting CCTV because someone through dog poo at your car *one time* seems a little OTT to me.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Though getting CCTV because someone through dog poo at your car *one time* seems a little OTT to me.
          Well these things start off as a little dog poo but before you know it the foul perpetuators progress to horse then elephant poo. It's a slippery, smelly slope.

Comment

I just want to see if it happens again and if it does I can see who it actually is.

Then I go to work with the pliers and a blowtorch!

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Unless it's really dried on, I think a bucket of warm soapy water and a sponge would be just fine.

Comment

Do these cameras work to some common protocol (either hardware or API) then? I've some interest in something like this but possibly less for security and more so I am alerted if someone comes up my drive once we move to the country... so I don't miss deliveries, etc.
                Yeah it's a crappy Web based API using GET requests.
                Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Working...
                X