• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

free <or cheap> accounting software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrooksCity View Post
    You can try Pandle (pandle.co.uk) they have a free version and another pro version for £5+VAT/month. They are in the process of getting approved for MTD. We're not affiliated with them or anything so this is just a friendly suggestion . Another options is WAVE (waveapps.com) which is fully free, however there hasn't been any official update on whether they will manage to get MTD compliant on time.
    cloud based, - put all your personal fiscal info on some other <mod snip> servers.
    aye - right.
    Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Me too

I'm not a fan of online stuff. - i don't trust any cloud based service with any sensitive data*

*pretty much any data to be honest.
      But you do trust HMRC with it?!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        But you do trust HMRC with it?!
        No, but i've no choice there

Comment

I used xls for years, never had an issue with it.

I bank with NatWest and they have given me FreeAgent, best move I have ever made, it take a bit of working out how to set up but once you good it's a breeze.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

free &amp;lt;or cheap&amp;gt; accounting software

For personal finance, I just want to give a shout out for Bank Genie.

(It’s a good business app, but I can’t comment on that side as I’m not using it for that but you can generate your invoices.)

It’s software that been created by an IT Geek* for running his garden business, and he sells the software as a side-line.

He’s constantly updating it for his business (handling foreign currencies, on-line banking downloads and importing the recent importing of PayPal transactions are examples) and I’ve been very impressed after the initial heart attack of opening to discover the 1990’s time machine that is the user interface - this guy is definitely NOT a form over function kind of coder.

There is also a good little community/family of users that help with UAT for beta version.

And for a desktop version and great customer service you can’t really beat it now that MS Money has pretty much gone done the tubes.

*compliment in this instance as I’m not sure if he’s worked in IT in the past.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X