• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got Apple Watch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got Apple Watch?

I've been pretty dismissive of Watch since the first iteration came out. Meanwhile, devices like FitBit are doing great and the more advanced ones offer many smart-watch features like notifications and simple messaging.

But looking at the V3 features online, it appears quite decent now - properly waterproof for one thing. Any early adopters or recent converts have stories to share - or for that matter has anyone taken a serious look and decided it's crap?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Was interested when they first came out as I was after a sports watch and figured one of these smart watches may offer a more flexible wider use solution, especially ones where you can change the watch face to suit current requirement, whether activity or 'just a watch' based.

The only thing that put me off looking further was the dire battery life. If they last a full day of intended usage (i.e. several hours of activity tracking then rest of day showing the time) before charging then it may be worth looking at.

So these new versions any better on battery life?
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I use mine for 3 reasons:

Checking clientco email as it arrives
      Controlling music when I’m travelling (remember I fly a lot at the moment).
      As an incentive to get out and do some exercise - remarkably as an incentive it works

The strange thing is that I’m seeing more and more people with them so I suspect they are slowing seeping into people’s lifes.

Battery life on the series 2 is about 2 days if I throw it in cinema mode at night - that’s more than enough to ensue o can wear it all the time and not worry about the battery
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I’ve got the first gen and still wear it daily.

Battery life is about 1.5 days with quite a lot of use and a gym session or run but just charge it nightly.

It’s mainly for notifications and emails when on the move at a glance to see if it’s urgent.

Siri can be handy too while cooking etc.

Activity tracking is decent and as eek says it really does motivate you.

Tempted by the latest one to be able to take it out for a run without my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I've been pretty dismissive of Watch since the first iteration came out. Meanwhile, devices like FitBit are doing great and the more advanced ones offer many smart-watch features like notifications and simple messaging.

But looking at the V3 features online, it appears quite decent now - properly waterproof for one thing. Any early adopters or recent converts have stories to share - or for that matter has anyone taken a serious look and decided it's crap?
          I prefer the one I put together.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I eventually caved in and got one via my taxfree allowance deal the revenue here give you, effectively cost me €200.

Gave it my daughter, couldnt find any real use for it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I use mine for 3 reasons:

Checking clientco email as it arrives
              The misses does this a lot using her smart watch. She gets tons of emails/messages but now she is trying to make an effort to "switch off" and not get stressed. Do wonder how much this adds to peoples stress levels.

I know I switched off notifications on my ms band (sigh, i miss my ms band).

Comment

An Apple Watch a dream for me.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  The misses does this a lot using her smart watch. She gets tons of emails/messages but now she is trying to make an effort to "switch off" and not get stressed. Do wonder how much this adds to peoples stress levels.

I know I switched off notifications on my ms band (sigh, i miss my ms band).

For me its the opposite as I'm usually on client site so knowing what people are complaining about means I can ignore the things that are not important and handle the few things that actually are important.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have the second generation apple watch. I was skeptical at first but do actually like it a lot for checking notifications etc. As an exercise device, it's nowhere near as good as my Suunto but for someone looking for motivation to exercise and basic fitness tracking it is perfectly good enough and as its second generation it has built in GPS so I don't need the phone to track my runs properly.

I got the wach free on private medical insurance. It stays free as long as I do sufficient exercise monthly.

Comment

Working...
                    X