• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excel addins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel addins

Recently got Office 2016 and am trying to set up a custom tab on the ribbon.

I've Coded necessary Subs and saved the book as .xlam in the standard MS Addins folder:

Sub Ribboncont1(ByVal Control as IRibbonControl)
    ...blah blah
    End Sub
    Sub Ribboncont2(ByVal Control as IRibbonControl)
    ...blah blah
    End Sub

I opened a new book and ticked my addin in Developer/Addins/Excel Addins but when I select "Customise the Ribbon" only the first sub Ribboncont1 appears in the macros list. Tried putting Ribboncont1 and 2 in separate addin books but makes no difference.

Any ideas? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Excel Ribbon - Add Custom Tab

Seems geared to earlier versions but may still work

Comment

Cheers lm, I believe the old methods of messing about with xml in the package still work, still the only solution in Word, but Excel 2016 is supposed to make it all much easier. In theory!
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Was a cockup on my part.

One thing I don't like about Excel 2016 is the way that saving a file is a two step process with that new File page. Now have nice simple Save, Save As and New buttons on the Home tab. If anyone wants a simple guide, there are none on the net, reply here.
        bloggoth

Comment

What about using the Quick Access Bar and adding them in there? You can customise that without coding. (works on PC & Mac)

https://support.office.com/en-ie/art...d-c2b6b0739e52
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Cheers WTFH, got butts on there too but you do need to code. If you use standard Save it's the same as clicking File, it takes you to the File page, and then you have to click save again. Then, if you have any external links on the page, you have to save again on exit, cos the sheet is changed when you return to it.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 9 February 2018, 18:57.
            bloggoth

Comment

Working...
            X