• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HOW? : 2 Computers, 2 displays using 1 keyboard and mouse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW? : 2 Computers, 2 displays using 1 keyboard and mouse

I have a desktop PC with 2 monitors connected.

It is hassle using my Surface pro and its own keyboard at the same time too.

I was wondering what I need to use to allow me to use a single keyboard & mouse on both devices while pc uses 1 display and Surface pro uses the other display?

Thanks

It used to be called a KVM switch (20 years ago), maybe search for that and see if something comes up.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post

I was wondering what I need to use to allow me to use a single keyboard & mouse on both devices while pc uses 1 display and Surface pro uses the other display?

Thanks
      Why not just RDC from main computer to other computer. If you are using windows 10 you could dedicate a desktop to the RDC session.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        It used to be called a KVM switch (20 years ago), maybe search for that and see if something comes up.
        it does seem to be called a KVM switch but there just seems to be multiple variations

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Why not just RDC from main computer to other computer. If you are using windows 10 you could dedicate a desktop to the RDC session.
        Separate networks. and I can't RD between the 2

Comment

https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/?LANG...UaAqkpEALw_wcB

Comment

Thanks. looks like I can order that same one from amazon or maplin

Comment

Thanks
              If computers are on the same network then have a look at Synergy https://symless.com/synergy

Also supports copy/paste between the computers.

Comment

I have a bluetooth keyboard that can switch between four devices (sold for use with Macs, but works fine with wintel laptop and linux). I guess there's probably a mouse available that allows the same.

Try googling "Bluetooth switchable keyboard".
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thanks. looks like I can order that same one from amazon or maplin
                  Yes you can, for 2-3x the price, and be careful with Maplin.
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43223175

Comment

This is supposed to do 2 monitors

But it's expensive.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X