• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the contracting Market for Amazon redshift like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the contracting Market for Amazon redshift like?

I was helping a friend out a couple of days ago on writing some sql reports on a data warehouse sitting on Redshift. First time I ever head off it, I was surprised how similar it was to oracle with analytical functions looking through its developer guide.

So Is there a developer/contract market for Redshift? Looking to up my skills at the moment since current gig is no longer holding much of a challenge or maybe it's the 10yr itch.

It's not like that any more. It's like this:

Python (Essential)
    Strong SQL & NoSQL Skills (Essential)
    Google Cloud platform and/or AWS (Essential)
    Spark
    Apache Airflow (Essential)
    Experience with Redshift and/or Big query (Essential)
    TDD/BDD (Essential)

or

Java/Scala, AWS, Microservices, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Amazon RedShift, BigQuery, Kinesis, DynamoDB.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Looks like I have been living in a cave.

Comment

Working...
      X