• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CMS like Umbraco, Shopify etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS like Umbraco, Shopify etc

I'm looking for a CMS to integrate a static site into. Does anybody have experience with something which is powerful for CMS in the same way Shopify is for shopping? i.e. let's you add components easily, easy to use, efficient, has apps, live chat etc. etc.

Much appreciated guys

We'll give you an answer.... for 10% of the gig.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What server are you sat on? I think Wordpress is probably the biggest at the moment. Lots of customisation available, including a lot of components already made by the OS community. Drupal is one of the other big ones, but I think the learning curve is a bit steeper than WP.

I think it depends on what you need it to do at the end of the day. Not sure about the live chats bit through, you might need a 3rd party solution like livechat for that.

Disclaimer - I haven't looked at these for a few years, so there might be newer solutions about now.

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
        What server are you sat on? I think Wordpress is probably the biggest at the moment. Lots of customisation available, including a lot of components already made by the OS community. Drupal is one of the other big ones, but I think the learning curve is a bit steeper than WP.

I think it depends on what you need it to do at the end of the day. Not sure about the live chats bit through, you might need a 3rd party solution like livechat for that.

Disclaimer - I haven't looked at these for a few years, so there might be newer solutions about now.
        +1 for WordPress. Haven't used Drupal, but have tried Joomla and found WP easier to operate, maintain and enable features on.

Pretty much everything is done through WP plugins, and there's typically ~10 plugins for any kind of feature/customisation you want to add - with some being freebies, others paid for (one-off or subscription).

I've got several WP sites on the go, some online shops (using the woocommerce plugin). Pretty easy to maintain once you get it up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          I'm looking for a CMS to integrate a static site into. Does anybody have experience with something which is powerful for CMS in the same way Shopify is for shopping? i.e. let's you add components easily, easy to use, efficient, has apps, live chat etc. etc.

Much appreciated guys
          Platform (Win / Linux)?
          Budget (£ / ££ / £££)

Comment

Assuming this is .net specific. Take a look at Dot Net Nuke loads of plugins. Umbraco is more a framework to customise it your way. If you have the cash Sitecore is well thought of.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
            X