• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent OnePlus phones... much cop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent OnePlus phones... much cop?

I have the 1+3 which cost me £300 2-and-a-bit years ago. I've enjoyed it but it is developing faults with charging and audio socket and loath as I am to have a phone last such a short time, I'm considering replacing.

The 1+6 is a much more expensive beast and I see prices have steadily increased to the point I'm not convinced 1+ is a flagship-killer now, it's trying to join the bigger boys? Interested what others think - I like a decent phone but I definitely don't need anything amazing given that the 1+3 still performs adequately.

It seems 1+ only sell the 6 on their store... annoying as the 5/5T at a discount could be pretty compelling?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Still got the 1+3T. No real desire to upgrade at this point as I dont see any real benefit with the use I make of it.

Maybe try E-Bay etc for a 2nd hand / refurb model?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Different brand but take aook at the Nokia phones. I have a 6 and an 8 and find them amazing for the money. A brand from the past but now offers great handsets for a good price.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I have the 1+3 which cost me £300 2-and-a-bit years ago. I've enjoyed it but it is developing faults with charging and audio socket and loath as I am to have a phone last such a short time, I'm considering replacing.

The 1+6 is a much more expensive beast and I see prices have steadily increased to the point I'm not convinced 1+ is a flagship-killer now, it's trying to join the bigger boys? Interested what others think - I like a decent phone but I definitely don't need anything amazing given that the 1+3 still performs adequately.

It seems 1+ only sell the 6 on their store... annoying as the 5/5T at a discount could be pretty compelling?
        Might be worth getting a quote to get the charging socket fixed and get some wireless earphones if it still does what you need? I've had the 3t for nearly 2 years now and can't fault it, long may it last. I think they are great phones for the spec / price.

Comment

Aren't all these just mid range Android based phones, so maybe consider the cheaper Chinese versions, then can treat them as disposables when they also start failing after a few years or you can no longer update them to the latest Android.

I still have my Nexus 5 (Google have stopped supporting it for new Android versions ) and wouldn't consider paying more than a couple hundred for an Android phone in future. I also don't have to worry about insurance for loss or damage like those paying over a grand for the likes of an iPhone. [smug emoticon goes here]
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Aren't all these just mid range Android based phones, so maybe consider the cheaper Chinese versions, then can treat them as disposables when they also start failing after a few years or you can no longer update them to the latest Android.

I still have my Nexus 5 (Google have stopped supporting it for new Android versions ) and wouldn't consider paying more than a couple hundred for an Android phone in future. I also don't have to worry about insurance for loss or damage like those paying over a grand for the likes of an iPhone. [smug emoticon goes here]
            You pretty much described to a T - The Nokia 6 is the best replacement for my Nexus 5 that I could find. It even has vanilla non-bloated Android 1 OS installed. A great Nexus 5 replacement.

Comment

I might be smug but my iPhone 6 has been going strong since June 2015, which is why I’m permanently spinning like a top when it comes to buying my next piece of tech...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I might be smug but my iPhone 6 has been going strong since June 2015, which is why I’m permanently spinning like a top when it comes to buying my next piece of tech...
                I feel you'd best sit down before you look at the prices of a new Apple phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  I feel you'd best sit down before you look at the prices of a new Apple phone.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Unless it's desperate I'd leave it a few weeks - oneplus 6t is due out around October 14 so prices of used 5/5T/6 should drop.

I suspect I'll ditch the 3T and move to 6T when it comes out - no more fingerprint sensor on the body as it moves to becoming in screen tech. But there won't be a headphone socket
                    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
                    X