• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MBP 2011/2012s reach the end of the road

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBP 2011/2012s reach the end of the road

No Mojave for me or my MBP

Time to look at PCs I guess.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Not quite sure what that's about so thought it might be on "Cojak's blog", but it isn't a link.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Not quite sure what that's about so thought it might be on "Cojak's blog", but it isn't a link.
      No? I'll put it back (it's twitter, but that's all I can be arsed to do these days...)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        No Mojave for me or my MBP

Time to look at PCs I guess.
        FREEDOM! - At Last!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          FREEDOM! - At Last!
          I need a decent build that will last at least 4 years (I hate buying laptops).

Now woohoo had a good thread about this, so I'm off to do a bit of digging.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I need a decent build that will last at least 4 years (I hate buying laptops).

Now woohoo had a good thread about this, so I'm off to do a bit of digging.
            You can experiment with various OS's too.

Comment

Looking at the John Lewis website now (I can get 5% IPSE discount too).

Comment

If you're considering a new Mac, it's worth asking if your local Apple store do a corp discount for ClientCo. I've found I can usually get 8-12% off new Apple gear by presenting ClientCo ID.
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Dell XPS 13 Laptop, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 13.3”, 4K Ultra HD, Epic Silver at John Lewis & Partners
                  or wait until 3pm and see if any appear in Dell's outlet at https://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/...=dfh&brandid=7

Equally the SurfaceBook and Surface are very nice machines and the new Surface laptops should be announced today - my day to day machine is a SurfaceBook 2 - not cheap but very nice....
                  Last edited by madame SasGuru; 2 October 2018, 09:28.

Comment

I saw that but I must admit that I’m looking at the Inspiron 7000. Dell Inspiron 7370

But I will hold off until 3pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X