• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange MacBook Pro/MacOS issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange MacBook Pro/MacOS issue

I've got a bit of a weird issue with my MacBook Pro which for the life of me I cannot fathom. My Mac is domain joined and whilst at home, the password is synced with AD. The SSID the Mac connects to at home is also driven by AD (Radius authentication using NPS on Windows Server 2016).

When I'm away from home, the password is "stuck" at an older version - as I change my password monthly and to a particular scheme, I can tell that the password off-network dates back to June this year and never updates. I've tried changing the password whilst off-network but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've also removed and re-added the Mac to AD and this also makes no difference.

Keychain

Comment

It's funny you should say that, because since upgrading to Mojave, I've had this:

The keychain is unlocked as you can see. When I change my AD password, on login I get the prompt saying the keychain is locked and it needs the "old" password to unlock it (as MacOS is trying to open the keychain with the AD password first and fails).

I'd rather not trash my keychain unless I absolutely have to.

Comment

Working...
      X