Working abroad Working abroad - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Working abroad

Super poster

OP, do let us know how you get on. At least one of us is bound to learn something.

Such as how you tried to pre-empt being able to work from abroad incognito but found the solution failed and couldn't be tested up front without actually being abroad.

If you need accurate technical advice, see if anyone else at client has done similar with same kit and how they managed it. Otherwise it's all a best guess and you are likely to come a cropper when putting your plan into action.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by nopermielifeforme View Post
    Ok, thatís not what I asked.
    Can anyone give answer to my question?
    People are trying to help.

What happens if the clients laptop is stolen out there and they ask for a police reference? What happens if its damaged and they offer to repair it? What happens if the ssd goes and they need to reinstall the VPN/software etc?

Be upfront man.

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    People are trying to help.

What happens if the clients laptop is stolen out there and they ask for a police reference? What happens if its damaged and they offer to repair it? What happens if the ssd goes and they need to reinstall the VPN/software etc?

Be upfront man.
    What happens if the work is covered by ITAR?

Orange jumpsuits all round mefinks...
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere
    Why? I enjoy my delusional state.
    Jeez, and I thought I was deluded!

My post count is Majestic

While they surely CAN find this out unless you go the VPN route (seems a good option) that relies on someone bothering to LOOK. I can't think it'd ever cross my mind to look up the IP used for logins, emails, to check what country you are in!
    I suppose it's feasible they might have systems to flag this but to me that seems very unlikely... or am I naive?

Have you actually got in writing that you have to be at a certain location? If you aren't needed at the remote location and told to WFH, do they stipulate anything about where that is? They might be surprised, and accuse you of going off on holiday, but does your contract say you cannot be in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing