• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP, do let us know how you get on. At least one of us is bound to learn something.

Such as how you tried to pre-empt being able to work from abroad incognito but found the solution failed and couldn't be tested up front without actually being abroad.

If you need accurate technical advice, see if anyone else at client has done similar with same kit and how they managed it. Otherwise it's all a best guess and you are likely to come a cropper when putting your plan into action.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by nopermielifeforme View Post
      Ok, that’s not what I asked.
      Can anyone give answer to my question?
      People are trying to help.

What happens if the clients laptop is stolen out there and they ask for a police reference? What happens if its damaged and they offer to repair it? What happens if the ssd goes and they need to reinstall the VPN/software etc?

Be upfront man.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        People are trying to help.

What happens if the clients laptop is stolen out there and they ask for a police reference? What happens if its damaged and they offer to repair it? What happens if the ssd goes and they need to reinstall the VPN/software etc?

Be upfront man.
        What happens if the work is covered by ITAR?

Orange jumpsuits all round mefinks...
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

While they surely CAN find this out unless you go the VPN route (seems a good option) that relies on someone bothering to LOOK. I can't think it'd ever cross my mind to look up the IP used for logins, emails, to check what country you are in!
          I suppose it's feasible they might have systems to flag this but to me that seems very unlikely... or am I naive?

Have you actually got in writing that you have to be at a certain location? If you aren't needed at the remote location and told to WFH, do they stipulate anything about where that is? They might be surprised, and accuse you of going off on holiday, but does your contract say you cannot be in the US?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X